Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Very touching and beautiful song - "Autumn" by Sarah Phillips

16 years old Sarah Phillips (UK) recorded this into her mobile phone in her bedroom on the 10th February 2010, the evening her mother, Debbie Phillips, died of cervical cancer. Family friend, Charlie Mole, subsequently added the musical accompaniment. This was played as a tribute at her funeral on 25th February. Cervical cancer has for a long time been the 'poor relation' of other cancers. The Debbie Phillips Cervical Cancer Research Fund has been set up as part of the UCL Cancer Research Trust to fund research into the detection and treatment of cervical cancer.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIRQvbhdR58

 

Lyrics for the song "Autumn"

 

Autumn leaves under frozen souls,
Hungry hands turning soft and old,
My hero crying as we stood out there in the cold,
Like these autumn leaves I don't have nothing to hold.

Handsome smiles wearing handsome shoes,
Too young to say, though I swear he knew,
And I hear him singing while he sits there in his chair,
While these autumn leaves float around everywhere.

And I look at you, and I see me,
Making noise so restlessly,
But now its quiet and I can hear you sing,
'My little fish don't cry, my little fish don't cry.'

Autumn leaves how fading now,
That smile that I've lost, well I've found somehow,
Because you still live on in my fathers eyes,
These autumn leaves, all these autumn leave, all these autumn leaves are yours tonight.
 
(This song was originally sang by the talented singer Paulo Nutini)

No comments:

Post a Comment